Medical Assistant, Mobile Care
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with clients across the country, Eden Health offers 24/7 digital healthcare, same day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our team reflects this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will do
As a full-time Mobile Care Medical Assistant you will participate in our in-person day to day operations. You will interact with the clinical, account management, and operations teams helping to facilitate workplace clinical experience. Excellent candidates will have a passion for providing amazing patient experiences and be eager to work alongside our medical providers to assist with patient engagement and care coordination, patient access, and inventory control.
This is an in-person role based out of our New York, NY medical office region and requires flexibility to travel to and from our central inventory site and nationwide employer offices up to 75% of the time. In this position you will report to the Operations Manager, Mobile Care and work collaboratively with the Mobile Care Team lead.
As a mobile care medical assistant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Master your understanding of the Eden Health care model and ecosystem and help foster strong, lasting patient relationships
- Adhere and uphold Eden Health and Mobile Care standard operating procedure, workflows, and service philosophy; maintain appropriate clinical etiquette, acumen and professionalism
- Support Mobile Care Team Lead and Operations Manager to plan, execute, and report on nationwide workplace care events and maintain the cleanliness and accuracy of our inventory space and count
- Assist patients with scheduling appointments, updating insurance records, check-in/out, and the completion of consents and intake forms
- Collect vital patient health history and support in the timely completion of charts using disparate data sources and clinical tools to fill in the gaps
- Perform standard medical assistant clinical competencies, including but not limited to:
- Obtain, document, and report accurate vital signs
- Point of care tests such as urine dip, COVID, strep, monospot, flu, fingerstick glucose, pregnancy test, BV, and Trichomonas test
- Phlebotomy and lab collection
- Vaccinations (where applicable)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Wound Care: Suture removal and follow ups, steri-strip for mild lacerations, and liquid bandaid
- Coordinate care by conducting patient outreach, facilitating referrals, retrieving external medical records, following up with labs and patients on results, and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date EMR
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA policy, and AAMA regulations and guidelines
- Following emergency and adverse event protocols
- Communicate and collaborate with 3rd party vendors including laboratories, medical suppliers, and medical waste services
- Support our brick-and-mortar and employer-dedicated medical offices with equivalent medical assistant responsibilities as needed
What you will bring:
- 1-3 years of (any of the following) in-person medical office experience, event planning and management, operations associate, or other clinical related experiences
- 1+ years of experience performing clinical point of care services listed above
- CPR/BLS Certification required at the time of hire and other state mandated medical assistant certifications, or willingness to become certified/registered
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced startup environment with an interest in using technology to deliver exceptional clinical experiences and collaborate with with providers and other medical assistants contributing to a cohesive team
- Enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service and five star patient experiences
- Flexibility to travel to and work shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and sense of urgency
- Proficiency with modern EMRs (Athena is a bonus), apple and iOS hardware and operating systems, and familiarity with google suites
- Practical understanding of medical, insurance, and medication terminology, HIPAA policies, medical malpractice, and informed consent
- Ability to travel nationwide 75% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 75 lb suitcases and travel bags containing medical equipment.
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture: Featured in Built In’s 2023 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work
- Featured in Forbes’ list of America's Best Startup Employers for 2023
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
While the majority of Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.
See more open positions at Eden Health
Something looks off?