Senior Software Engineer, Backend Engineering
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the Role
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our team at Maven Clinic. You will be responsible for building and maintaining new products and platforms ensuring a delightful user experience for our clients, providers, and members. This includes building complex new 0->1 products, and major re-architecture of existing systems.
- Design, build, and maintain highly scalable, performant, and reliable systems that support the growing needs of Maven's clients, providers, members, and engineering teams..
- Develop and implement cloud-based solutions that ensure the reliability, flexibility, and scalability of our systems.
- Lead technical design discussions and provide guidance to team members on best practices, coding standards, and architecture principles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the development of new features and products, ensuring they meet the needs of our customers and adhere to Maven's quality standards.
- Mentor and guide engineers, helping to develop their technical skills and cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement in an agile environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in backend development and platform architecture, with a proven track record of building highly scalable, performant, and reliable systems.
- Strong experience in developing cloud-based solutions, with expertise in one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.).
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and relational and nosql databases.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
At Maven Clinic, we are committed to building a world-class digital healthcare platform that empowers women and families to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. If you are an engineer with a passion for building scalable, performant, and reliable systems, and want to make a real impact in the world of healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $145,000 - $215,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?