Staff Software Engineer, Android
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the team:
We are implementing modular, reliable designs utilizing Kotlin and state of the art tools (Retrofit, coroutines, Architecture Components, Kotlin Flows, Dagger). Our focus is on producing applications that are useable, accessible, reliable, and responsive to changing business needs. As a Senior Android Engineer you will be working with a cross functional team including backend engineers, visual designers, and the rest of our mobile team.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Develop an end-user’s understanding of our application and work with visual and business design specifications to meet the end-users’ needs.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Develop unit and instrumentation tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Minimum Qualifications: :
- At least 8+ years experience developing Android apps.
- Experience with Kotlin preferred
- Exposure to modern application architectures (MVVM, etc).
- Proficient with Android Studio and Git
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $195,000 - $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?