Lead Technical Program Manager, Core Platform
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
The success and effectiveness of our engineering teams is the most critical factor in delighting our members with Maven. As a Lead Technical Program Manager, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, problem solve and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are challenging the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers. Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Product and Engineering leads to define the scope, execution strategy, roadmap, launch schedule, success metrics, resources, timelines, work-streams, and deliverables for new cross-organization initiatives
- Drive execution: track and maintain activities, tasks, and milestones through development and delivery; identify and mitigate risks, unblock issues, increase engineering velocity, ensure strong focus on releases and launches, and drive accountability
- Drive cross-functional alignment at the portfolio level and manage communications with various stakeholders, including leadership and customers.
- Work on projects like delivering a microservice infrastructure for cross-org use, understanding GDPR implications and driving work across the organization and setting up and driving adoption of a role-based access service
- Start in a player role with the potential to move into a player-coach role with a small team
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in program management
- 2+ years experience in Software Engineering, Software Infrastructure Engineering or Security
For candidates in NYC, CA or CO, the salary range for this role is $165,000 - $245,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?