Senior Product Analyst - Subscriptions (Remote)
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
The Athletic is a digital sports media company that brings true sports fans closer to the athletes, teams and leagues that captivate their attention. We serve a multi-faceted audience that craves a richer connection and understanding with immersive storytelling and a like-minded community of fans. Founded in 2016 and with major operational hubs in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne, we empower a truly global team of more than 600 creators and cover more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams across the United States, Canada and the UK. Our newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth reports along with more than 120 podcasts and other forms of premium content. Put simply, The Athletic is at the center of a sports fan’s universe.
About the Role
Data is at the center of The Athletic’s decision making process. We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to lead a variety of complex projects to support the growth team. You will be responsible for monitoring our various channels for customer acquisition, overseeing our experiments with pricing and subscription packages, and developing frameworks and models to improve our growth strategies. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment with marketing, commercial, and engineering teams to provide deep insights into what drives sustainable subscription growth.
- Inform our subscription strategy by developing a deep understanding of sports media and our subscribers.
- Use data analysis, data mining, and data modeling to identify key customer insights and deliver recommendations to improve conversion and maximize revenue.
- Develop clear KPIs for the growth team and build-out reporting dashboards that will help optimize their performance.
- Help them develop and test ideas that would accelerate health and sustainable customer acquisition.
- Own/manage data model and data pipeline that enables event tracking for our checkout funnel.
- 4-7+ years experience in data analytics for a subscription based or highly operational business.
- Proficiency in SQL and comfortable navigating data to perform a wide range of analyses.
- Familiarity with Python, R, or another scripting language.
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques like segmentation, clustering, regression models.
- Understand statistical testing: power analysis, sequential testing, continuous testing.
- Highly analytical mindset that can articulate ideas, frame problems, and offer solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of the subscription revenue model in the digital media space.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans.
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses.
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match.
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days of accrued paid time off, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Click here to review our Applicant Privacy Notice, which describes how and when The Athletic Media Company collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.
See more open positions at The Athletic
Something looks off?